Office-based surgery in ophthalmology has become increasingly popular in recent years due to advances in surgical techniques, anesthesia, technology and safety. I am happy to share insights on safety, reimbursements and the overall impact on patient and surgeon experience.
- Seamlessly integrate clinic and surgery within the practice o Utilizes highest level of patient safety
- Patient friendly facility reduces patient anxiety
- Surgical staff works for the practice – no need to hire nurses o Surgical revenues retained in practice
- Appropriate level of anesthesia – LASIK like
- Greater patient satisfaction
- Accredited by the same organizations as the ASC
- Employee satisfaction & retention – current OD staff is crossed trained as surgical staff